Dec 20, 2010

Belt as the Key Accessory

I liked the simpleness of the suit in this photograph (left). What made it a little edgier was the matching belt. When I saw this photograph, I knew it wanted to try the same thing - making a thin belt the key accessory!

I wore this Lindy sweater to get the simplistic look -- 3/4 sleeves, A-Line, and elegant pleats that are gently tacked in place. I chose the Eggplant Purple because it's the same tone as my dark blue jeans. I chose the blue belt (matching the jeans) to repeat color and to create unity.

Today I created a You Tube video on how to wear a thin belt as a key accessory. The key focus on the video is transforming a boring outfit into a great outfit by using a thin belt as the key item and a few coordinating accessories. Click on the video to watch it.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I think I need to get a thin belt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! Let me know how it works for you, I think belts are my favorite accessory! :-)

    ReplyDelete