Jan 18, 2011

Fullness on the Top of the Dress Deserves a Belt

Good morning, Beauties!! The radiant young lady in the middle pic is Kristina, and she looks so stylish in this Elegantees "Hayllie" dress. I loved the accents she added with her matching belt and bag, and the gorgeous nude heels! She's about 5'3" in real life, but I think she looks about 5"7"! The belt really lengthens her legs, which is otherwise hard to do with dresses that end at the knees.


I'm wearing the same dress. I added this belt because it happened to match so well! There are a lot of details on the top half of this dress, so breaking it up with a belt is a good idea. It makes it look like we're wearing a beautiful cropped blouse with a high-waisted pencil skirt. 


Now looking back at the total outfit on the far left photo, I see this would look just as thoughtful also with a black belt to match my leggings. So next time I wear this, you know how I'll be styling it ;-)


Wanted to share with you a Bible verse that was really helpful to me yesterday. Sometimes I feel so weak, or insufficient, and helpless. It's part of me having unrealistic expectations for myself, which can cause me to just beat myself up. But, even when I'm focused, and joyful, and have drive, I don't have it together even still! I was reminded of this in 2 Corinthians 12:9 where God is saying to us: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  When we are weak, He is strong. And how glorious is that! For us to be made strong by the God of all creation. Quite powerful!


Hope you have a wonderful week!!
Love always,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment